In the process of the digital evolution in healthcare, security of electronic protected
health information (ePHI) has been frequently overlooked. So it comes as no surprise that in 2015, almost half of all serious data breaches were in healthcare, and the FBI has warned of more troubling times ahead.
As the Chair of the HIMSS Identity Management Task Force, I witnessed this evolution firsthand. I recall advocating for multi-factor authentication and identity management in healthcare from 2005 to 2008, only to receive blank stares in return. This is no longer the case today. By 2020, ONC expects that at least 50% of healthcare organizations will have implemented identity proofing and authentication best practices.
VASCO Data Security is proud to have partnered with Healthcare Informatics to produce this timely research report on authentication and digital identity management.
Chair of the HIMSS Identity Management Task Force
Director of Business Development, Healthcare @ VASCO
Download this Research report to learn what the experts in the field are saying:
- John Santangelo, Senior Director Information Technology @ Cleveland Clinic, Florida
- John Christly, Chief Information Security Officer, NSU HIPAA Security Officer @ Nova Southeastern University
- Sumit Sehgal, CISO @ Boston Medical Center
- Chandra Venkat, Sr. Manager @ Cerner Corp
- Benjamin Wyrick, VP of Sales @ VASCO
Trusted by leading brands worldwide
+200.000.000 devices sold | 10.000 companies | 1.700 financial institutions | in +100 countries