KB_140173: How to do a manual LDAP synchronization on IDENTIKEY Appliance5/19/2017 4:05:01 PM
In the current version of IDENTIKEY Appliance (3.11.12) there is no option to perform an immediate LDAP synchronization.
In this KB article we describe how a “sync now” can be executed on command.
A RFE has been filed to create this option in a future version of IDENTIKEY Appliance.
- Login to the IDENTIKEY Appliance Configuration tool.
- Go to the LDAP User Synchronization menu
- Edit the existing LDAP Synchronization profile to a time that is a few minutes in the future.
- Click update.
- Be sure to click Save in the next screen, otherwise the changes are not saved and the LDAP profile will not run at the configured time.
- When the configured time has passed you can check the Audit log to see if the LDAP sync profile has started.
The start time to be configured in step 3 = the IDENTIKEY Appliance system time. In most cases, the system time will be the local time.
(The system time, is the time that can be found in the status screen of the Configuration Tool)
In earlier IDENTIKEY Appliance versions, the GMT had to be used in step 3, instead of the IDENTIKEY Appliance system time. For example if the system time is GMT +1 you had to set the LDAP sync time an hour before the system time. From version 220.127.116.11 onwards the system time is used for the LDAP synchronization profile.
Applies to: IDENTIKEY Appliance
KB 140173– 19/05/2017
© 2017 VASCO Data Security. All rights reserved.