KB_150001: How to determine the number of DIGIPASS devices in VACMAN Middelware with AD or in DIGIPASS Plug-In for IAS?2/4/2008 1:40:33 PM
In an installation with VACMAN Middelware 3.0 (VM) with AD integration or with DIGIPASS Plug-In for IAS (DPP4IAS), the find function in Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC) can be used to find DIGIPASS devices.
When the VM 3.0 or DPP4IAS is installed, by default, the VASCO ADUC extensions are also installed. One of the additional functionalities added by this extension is the possibility to search for DIGIPASS devices in AD.
1. Open the Microsoft Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC) MMC, on a machine where the VASCO ADUC extensions are installed.
2. Click on the “Find objects in Active Directory” icon in the ADUC:
3. Select “DIGIPASS” from the “Find” drop down menu:
4. Define the filter criteria: Serial Number range, DIGIPASS Type, Application Name, Application Type, DIGIPASS Assignment status and Reserved status. To get a list of all DIGIPASS devices in the domain, use the filter criteria as shown in the screenshot:
In the status line at the bottom of the screen, you will see the total numbers of DIGIPASS devices imported in the selected domain (IAS in our example).
5. To see e.g. the number DIGIPASS devices that are assigned to a user, change the filter criteria. Click on the “Assigned” radiobutton under DIGIPASS Assignment,
and press the “Find Now” button.
Again you will see the total number of assigned DIGIPASS devices in the status line:
Applies to: Vacman Middelware 3.0, IAS-plugin
KB 150001 KB 150001.doc (1.0) – 18/09/2009 11:49
© 2009 VASCO Data Security. All rights reserved.