KB_160127: How to perform the Task-Based Data Migration step before/after upgrading the IDENTIKEY Authentication Server9/12/2017 3:14:12 PM
Upgrading IDENTIKEY Authentication Server will most likely involve a database schema update. Therefore, as soon as the server has been upgraded, server data from the previous installation such as DIGIPASS and user data needs to be migrated to match the new schema. Starting with IAS 3.10, this task has been moved from the Installation/Upgrade Wizard over to the IAS Web Administration.
To ensure that authentication services remain available at all times, data is migrated using two complementary mechanisms: on-the-fly data migration and task-based data migration. However, if you’ve recently upgraded to IAS 3.10 and plan on upgrading to 3.11 or 3.12, you need to make sure that all of the data has been migrated to the appropriate schema level. Before another upgrade can take place, a task-based data migration task needs to complete successfully.
When upgrading multiple IDENTIKEY Authentication Server instances, to avoid replication queue issues, the data migration task needs to run after all server instances have been upgraded, and when replication between all instances is in place again. This applies to environments where the IDENTIKEY Authentication Server instances are configured to replicate data changes between them.
To perform a task-based data migration, follow the steps listed below:
1. Log in to the Administration Web Interface.
2. Do one of the following:
• Navigate to Servers > Migrate Data.
The Migrate Data menu item will be available only if data migration is required.
• On the Home tab, in the IDENTIKEY Authentication Server status section, click
on Migrate Data.
The data migration task status will be displayed only if a Migrate Data task is running or ready to be scheduled after an IDENTIKEY Authentication Server upgrade, and if you have the View Task administrative privilege.
3. Specify if and how you want to be notified upon task completion. Possible options are None, Email, and SMS.
4. Specify if you want to schedule the task:
• Select No if you want to run the task immediately.
• Select Yes if you want to schedule the task to run at a later time.
5. If you want to schedule the task, define the time and date on which you wish to run the task.> 6. Click MIGRATE.
The Migrate Data - Summary page is displayed.
7. Click FINISH to create the task.
You can view the progress of the data migration task in the task list of the Administration Web Interface.
Once the Data Migration task completes successfully, you can proceed with upgrading the server as outlined in section 11 of the IDENTIKEY Authentication Server Installation Guide.
Applies to: IDENTIKEY Authentication Server
KB_160127 – 11/09/2017
© 2017 VASCO Data Security. All rights reserved.